STOREP Grant 2023
We are pleased to announce the launch of a STOREP research grant of 3,000€ for 2023.
The Association’s members are invited to submit innovative small-scale research projects that fall into one or more of the following three categories:
- research projects in the history of political economy, the history of economic thought, and the history of economics;
- research projects exploring economic issues on an inter/transdisciplinary basis;
- research projects explicitly promoting heterodox approaches to economic theory.
Proposals are scrutinized on their quality and relevance by a selection committee composed of three members nominated by the Executive Committee, avoiding any conflict of interest. If the selection committee considers none of the proposals worthy of funding, the grant budget is retained for the following year.
The deadline for submitting proposals is May 10, 2023. The winner will be officially announced during the forthcoming General Assembly, to be held during the 20th Annual Conference in Bari, June 15-17.
Award recipients must commit themselves to publicly illustrate the results of their research by presenting a full paper at the 2024 STOREP Conference or in the one after that and to submit it for publication in the STOREPapers Series. This keeps the principles and rules of the grant initiative to a minimum:
- Only STOREP members can apply for the grants; members of the Executive Committee cannot submit proposals.
- Only an individual STOREP member or teams of two STOREP members are entitled to apply.
- STOREP members who wish to participate must send to firstname.lastname@example.org a research proposal (Microsoft Word, see below) or an extended paper abstract to be discussed at the 2023 STOREP conference.
- Winners receive 50% of the funding when the proposal is accepted and 50% after submitting their paper for presentation at the STOREP Annual Conference.
The proposal must include the following:
- problem statement and objectives (500 words), sources and secondary literature (500 words), expected results (250 words);
- five keywords;
- JEL codes;
- Affiliation and short biographical notes (max. 200 words):
- two relevant publications broadly related to the proposed subject;
- other researchers eventually involved.
See also the STOREPgrants page at https://www.storep.org/wp/