This Encyclopedia is an invaluable reference book for post-Keynesian and heterodox economics. It consists of 300 entries, written by 180 different authors. The volume includes entries on key concepts of interest to post-Keynesians as well as descriptions of some of the seminal books in the post-Keynesian tradition. It will interest both students and scholars of heterodox economics, as well as policy makers around the world looking for a better alternative to mainstream economic policies at national and international levels in the aftermath of the global financial crisis that burst in 2008 and the COVID-19 pandemic crisis that began in 2020.
• Offers a non-conventional understanding of economic analysis on a number of key economic topics
• Provides a deep and convincing criticism of orthodox thinking
• Explains how money, banking and finance are crucial elements of economics today
• Addresses the roots of the 2008 global financial crisis
• Points out the importance of sound economic policies
• Presents the essence of the subject matter concisely
This comprehensive reference work will be a key tool to students, scholars, policy makers and anyone else seeking to understand the world economy through the important lens of post-Keynesian thought.