Welcome to the STOREP website
The Italian Association for the History of Political Economy (STOREP) was formally established on October 20, 2003, on initiative of some of the leading Italian figures in the history of economic thought and of political economy, with the primary aim of “promoting and sponsor teaching and research activities on the history of political economy, in all their manifestations”, as declared in the Memorandum of Association.
The Association can count on an international membership of some 220 scholars. STOREP has organized seventeen Annual Conferences (running for two or three days, in June, with invited lectures by eminent scholars and some 100 presentations in total) in as many Italian host cities, and four Summer schools, as well as supported, in a variety of forms, the efforts of other associations of historians of economic thought and political economy. STOREP grants annual scholarships to young researchers who submit their papers, and an Award for the best article presented by young scholars at the annual Conference. Since 2016, STOREP directly provides small research grants (so-called “STOREPgrants“) on a competitive basis to members of the Association. STOREP also produces a working paper series (“STOREPapers“). The Review of Political Economy and the journal Economia&Lavoro publish some of the best articles presented in the Annual Conference.
In general, STOREP aims at:
– promoting and enhancing the interest of economists towards the history of economic thought in their teaching and research activity;
– fostering the collaboration between economists and historians (of economic thought and facts);
– enhancing the collaboration with similar national and international associations;
– furthering meetings and debates among scholars by organizing, not only the Annual Conference, but also seminars and workshops during the whole year;
– supporting young scholars‘ research and activity with scholarships and grants, as well as developing their training in the history of economic thought by means of targeted intiatives.
Here follow a video and an infographic presenting the Association (Facebook users can visit the STOREP page at this link).