STOREP 2017 Conference: Venue
XIV STOREP CONFERENCE
Piacenza, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, 8-10 June
The Conference will be held at the Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Piacenza, that hosts the Faculty of Agriculture, Food, and Environmental Sciences, as well as the Faculty of Economics and Law. On the model of Anglo-Saxon structures, the Campus (from 84, Via Emilia Parmense to 7, Strada dell’Anselma) has a Sport Center of about 86.000 square feet and residences for students and visiting professors.
The gateway to all important surrounding cities of North Italy, Piacenza holds a key position in the Italian food valley, where many leading companies are based, and boasts a strong identity and refined culinary traditions. Piacenza is synonymous with mouth-watering flavors and outstanding beauty. And as a college town, Piacenza is safe, liveable, diverse and informal.
For further information, please visit the city’s webpage. Here below is a map of downtown Piacenza.
HOW TO GET TO THE CONFERENCE
- From Milano: Motorway A1 (Milano-Bologna): Exit Piacenza Sud.
- From Torino: Motorway A21 (Torino-Piacenza-Brescia): Exit Piacenza Sud.
- From Brescia: Motorway A21 (Torino-Piacenza-Brescia): Exit Piacenza Sud.
Then follow signs for Piacenza downtown. Turn left at the round-about, go straight ahead for some 500 meters after the overpass. The University will then appear on the right.
It is advisable to park in one of the parking areas just outside the Pedestrian Precinct ZTL (Congestion Charge Zone), or ask the hotel reception for the availability of free parking garages.
For further information about parking, please visit http://www.comune.piacenza.it/temi/muoversi/inauto/parcheggi/list-of-car-parks-in-piacenza.
For detailed information about parking tariffs, see http://www.comune.piacenza.it/temi/muoversi/inauto/parcheggi/aree-con-parcometri/parcometri-sosta-a-rotazione-a-pagamento-nuove-tariffe (in Italian).
Participants can reach Piacenza by train (from Milano, Bologna, and Torino). For information about timetables, please visit http://www.trenitalia.com/.
From the railway station, you can reach the Conference venue:
- by foot: reach Piazzale Guglielmo Marconi, take the first exit at the roundabout and follow Strada Provinciale ex Strada Statale SS10/SS9. Go straight for about 2.7 km. The Campus is located on the left.
- by bus, line 2 (direction: San Lazzaro / Università; information about timetables at www.setaweb.it/azienda/index.php?azienda=pc) from Piazzale Marconi. Get off at 65, Via E. Parmense (Cattolica University). Alternatively, you can take line 3 from Viale Sant’Ambrogio 31.
You can buy tickets at Tabaccheria – 20, Piazzale Marconi (1,30 EUR each, or 6-tickets carnet at 9,00 EUR) or directly on the bus (2,00 EUR).
The nearest airports to Piacenza are:
- Milano Linate – milanolinate-airport.com
- Milano Malpensa – milanomalpensa-airport.com
- Bergamo – aeroporto Orio al Serio sacbo.it
- Genova – aeroporto Cristoforo Colombo airport.genova.it
- Bologna – aeroporto G. Marconi bologna-airport.it
- Torino – aeroporto Caselle turin-airport.com
Then take a shuttle to the closest railway station, and get to Piacenza by train (browse the selected airport’s website).
For Taxi service in Piacenza, please contact:
- Taxi – Railway Station: +39 0523.323853
- Radiotaxi: +39 0523.591919
- Taxi – Piazza Cavalli: +39 0523.322236
- Taxi – Viale Dante: +39 0523.754722
- Taxi – Ospedale: +39 0523.32218